«Restoring Donbas and Ukraine» Forum started its work in Kiev ONLINE STREAMING
13:43 / 10 Dec. 2015 / 1019
Today, on December 10, 2015, «Restoring Donbas and Ukraine» Forum started its work. It is organized by community initiative “Restoring Donbas”, the Ukrainian Institute for Analysis and Management of Policy and Institute of the strategic researches “New Ukraine”.
The main of the organizers of the Forum is formation of public platform in the context of searching ways to restore Donbas and socio-economic development of Ukraine in modern conditions.
Participants of “Restoring Donbas and Ukraine” Forum will organize multi-level dialogue among all interested representatives of the government, society, business and science as a part of created platform.
During the dialogue it will be discussed program document “12 steps to peace and restoring of Donbas and Ukraine” and signing of Memorandum of Cooperation and collaboration.
Two discussion panels – «Internationaland Ukrainian experience in restoring of post-conflict regions» and “Economic rehabilitation of Donbas and attracting investment to Ukraine – will include debates concerning revision and implementation of aforementioned document.
During the “Restoring Donbas and Ukraine” Forum, both during the plenary session and the debatable panels, it will be discussed the following questions:
Topics for discussion:
– International experience in restoring of post-conflict regions and countries in social, humanitarian and economic fields;
– Ways and stages of resolving the thorniest humanitarian issues;
– Adaptation programs for the population, returning to the conflict zone;
– Protection of the rights of citizens affected by the conflict.
– New formats of economic activity in light of specific features of post-conflict regions.
– Participation of international organizations, donors and financial institutions in the implementation of projects on Donbas restoring.
– «Municipal entrepreneurship» (development of entrepreneurship, new lines of business due to the decentralization of power in Ukraine).
– Tax policy.
– Features of local government during the post-conflict period.
The restoring-donbass.com website - is an interactive platform, which was created by the "Restoring Donbas" community initiative of Oleksandr Klymenko. The latest news, blogs and analysis, background information and useful ads for IDPs and Donbas residents are available on the website.