Overcoming corruption and ascertainment of zero tolerance to this phenomenon in society
19:53 / 14 Dec. 2014 / 1553
Years of struggle and change of consciousness are needed in order to overcome corruption that has firmly rooted not only in practice, but also in minds of Ukrainians. But we are confident that through the introduction of a few simple steps, one can quite soon qualitatively change the situation. In order to fight corruption, we have developed a large-scale anti-corruption strategy, which is based on the world’s most successful practices in the fight against corruption (Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Sweden, Canada, the Netherlands, Israel, Germany, and others).
Today, Ukraine takes the 130th place in the world on corruption level (between Uganda and Cameroon).
We are sure that implementation of this anti-corruption strategy will allow to reduce considerably corruption level in authorities, government institutions and budget sphere. Within 5 years, thanks to implementation of this strategy, Ukraine could take a worthy place in top-20 of the least corrupted countries of the world.
Among measures, proposed by us within the framework of anti-corruption strategy:
– Beginning of the effective National Anti-Corruption Bureau work for the systematic struggling against corruption in the public sector and budget organizations.
– Perfection of verification of declarations of public officials concerning their property, income, expenses and financial obligations.
– Adoption and adherence of policy, governing the conflict of interests.
– Strengthening of anti-corruption verification of applicants for positions in the public sector and budget organizations.
– Formation of professional ethics of public servants, a constant control of its observance.
– Harsher punishment of officials and employees of public sector for corruption.
– Involvement of public organizations and representatives of private business to the fight against corruption, more powers and authority to citizens for fighting corruption.
– Electronization and automation of processes in the field of provision government services in order to minimize the human factor.
– Large-scale implementation of anti-corruption educational program in Ukraine.